Vacancy senior design engineer
We grow and would like to add a senior design engineer / senior industrial designer to our team. Are you looking for an idealistic team that develops meaningful products?We work on design projects that are packed with new solutions, real innovation. Products that help to improve people's lives. In addition, ergonomics, design, sustainability, development and strategy play an important role.
In this job you are responsible for the development of products, especially in terms of technical feasibility, material use, manufacturability, reuse, strength analyses and tolerances. You are involved right from the concept phase and provide robust, ergonomic and functional solutions. You work on multiple projects at the same time together in a small team of industrial designers. It is a challenging job with responsibility and independence.
What you are going to do
- you support the team in the strategy and concept phase in terms of technical feasibility, materials, robustness and functionality.
- under your leadership, models are made to demonstrate functional principles.
- from the concepts you create high quality CAD models and develop them towards production ready design.
- you communicate intermediate results in a visual manner with customer design teams.
- you also maintain contacts with suppliers and production partners.
- you guide young designers and design engineers in terms of functionality, manufacturability, material use.
- you support the team with knowledge in the fields of sustainability and circular use of materials, components, technical reuse, recycling etc.
Who you are
- you have a master in industrial design engineering or similar
- during and after your studies you became especially interested in product development and gained experience in this field: detailing, developing solutions, testing, simulating, building prototypes, to achieve robust, customizable solutions.
- you have about 7 - 10 years working experience.
- you are always looking for innovation, for pioneering solutions.
- you have ample experience with SolidWorks, both in the field of surface modeling and detailing.
- you have experience in leading complex design and development projects and preferably with the management of young designers.
- you have a lot of knowledge about manufacturability, production technology, materials, interpretation of standards and regulations, strength calculations and tolerances.
What we offer you
- a job at a growing innovation company with interesting customers and projects
- creative challenge within a professional team
- idealism, working on real problems, playing a meaningful role in society
- opportunities for experimentation and learning
- annual traveling with the team; expedition to unknown countries, cultures and people.
- a market-based salary
Due to legislation we can only accept applications from people who are in the possession of a valid EU passport